Expertise Exchange: Uniting Research and Practice for TV in Wales and beyond is a joint RTS / Cardiff University School of Journalism (JOMEC) event. See my blog post on the JOMEC website.
- Professor Justin Lewis and Llion Iwan, Content Commissioner, Factual and Sport, S4C
Consumerism, the hidden driver behind all TV production?
- Professor Karin Wahl-Jorgensen and Ashok Ahir, of Communications Agency, mela; former Head of Politics, BBC Cymru Wales. Impartiality and representation of opinion on TV news
- Dr Cindy Carter and Huw Foulkes, Broadcast Journalist, Ffeil & Newyddion 9, BBC CymruWhat TV news provision does the younger teen audience want?
- Dr Ross Garner and Mike Talbot, Series Editor, Wales This Week, ITV Wales
Producing the ‘Mainstream’ in Wales
- Professor Jenny Kitzinger and Erika Hossington, Series Producer, Casualty, BBC Cymru Wales
How can TV drama represent family experiences of long term ‘coma’?
An enjoyable and thought-provoking event resulting in 3 on-going partnerships:
- Prof Jenny Kitzinger and Erika Hossington: a potential new storyline involving coma next year for ‘Casualty’.
- Dr Ross Garner and Mike Talbot: collaboration on producing tv in Wales for the mainstream.
- Dr Cindy Carter and Huw Foulkes: collaboration on News for young teenagers.